Monday, March 18, 2013

Gunpla - #9 - HGUC Jesta Cannon Review


Jesta's definitely one of the best grunt unit designs in Gundam history and of course, one of my favorite designs of all time. Then, here it comes, Jesta Cannon, the heavy assault version of the original one. Jesta Cannon is a perfect example how a good design became better. I just bought this kit last week, and I couldn't wait to build it any longer, to the point that I brought it with me during my business trip LOL. Finally, I finished building it in two nights (4 hours for each night, 8 hours in total).

Basically, Jesta Cannon is a normal Jesta with enhanced armors and armaments, thus the model number is no different with the normal one: RGM-96X. The main features of this unit are the beam cannon and multi launcher attached on the backpack, which became its namesake. The additional armors surely give much more bulky appearance and add an extra "oommph!!" factor to the design.

Looks more menacing than the original Jesta, doesn't it ?

As I mentioned above, the building process was quite easy, I suppose it's because I have already made the original one before. This kit came with 10 runners in total, including the beam saber and polycaps. There are a pair sheet of clear sticker and foil one. And guess what ? There were extra parts from the original Jesta included. Hence, we could switch the parts to normal version if needed. It's just like an extra bonus for me :-)



And now, the accessories. This is where the fun begins. If the original Jesta is equipped with a beam carbine, then Jesta Cannon has two beam carbines ! And one of them is really big and badass. You will also get two beam sabers (with only one hilt), a shield (same as original Jesta), 7 sets of hands and spare parts for grenade, shield etc. as I mentioned above.


The articulation, well, is quite limited due to the bulky armors. No need to worry though, this guy still looks badass with his standing pose only (just look at the picture in the beginning of this review). Despite the limited articulation, Jesta Cannon still could do several basic and cool poses. However, it should be better to provide action base (system base should be much better) for it.

Overall, Jesta Cannon is a fantastic kit and a nice addition for my GM collection. If you plan to buy Jesta variants, I recommend you to buy Jesta Cannon, because it includes several parts of the original one, hence you'll have more build options.




"Thank you, sir, for buying me ..."
--------------

RGM - 96X Jesta Cannon

Pros:
  • The cool bulky armor and cannons FTW.
  • Many accessories and decals. The assault riffle is badass !
  • Includes some spare parts from the original Jesta
Cons :
  • Seamlines on the armors are exposed much
  • Stickers, especially on the collar. It sucks.
  • Hand joints, especially the trigger hand, was quite loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment