Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gunpla - #8 - HG 0 Raiser Review


I have to admit, that I bought this kit only for the add-on of my previous 00 Seven Sword/G (007S). According to many reviews on internet, I noticed that 00 models compatible with 0 Raiser, of course with the same scale. After some efforts, I finally found one and bought it online as soon as possible. I did this, because this kit is quite rare in Indonesia.

The price, of course, was much cheaper than any normal kits. I didn't remember the price tag on the box, but I supposed it's around 800 Yen. There were maybe only 2 or 3 runners inside the box, hence I didn't spend too much time in order to built it. I finished building 0 Raiser in two hours only, and finally docked it with my 007S. The docking process itself was simple and I quite amazed by how this kit was perfectly compatible with my 007S.

Completed model. Boring stance since it's just an add-on

For an add-on kit, It's quite detailed, with few panel lines and gimmicks. Too bad, there are no decals for this kit, even I hoped at least Bandai provide few decals since 007S didn't have them. On the other hand, this kit has 'bonus' as an add-on. The first, is GN Shields. It's quite small compared with other 00's massive arsenals. I prefer to attach them on the 0 Raiser wings than to put them on 007S. The second is, GN Swords connector. You could use it to combine 2 GN Swords II into a GN Dual Bladed Staff. Sadly, the connector is not compatible with 007S GN Sword long and short, hence I could not combine them. The last bonus, is a stand for 0 Raiser. You could use it for either 0 Raiser, 00 variants or any kits with peg hole base connector. Of course, it's better to use the stand for 0 Raiser since the size is much smaller than ordinary action base.

Final words, If you have 007S, it's better to have this kit as an add-on to make 00 Raiser + Seven Sword, It's much much cheaper than buying another 00 variants only for the weapons.

Combined with 00 7 Sword/G. Badass !
-----------------

GNR - 010 0 Raiser

Pros :
  • Perfectly compatible with 00 variants
  • Provides GN Shield, GN Sword connector and an action base/stand
  • It's cheap (of course), and it's quite detailed for an HG kit
Cons :
  • It's boring for posing this kit alone. If you don't have 00 variants, or you have already 00 Raiser, forget this kit
  • The GN Sword connector did not work with 007S GN Sword II Long and Short
  • No decals. Bah.
Update:
I just recently found that the connector could combine seven sword's GN II long and short sword by removing the pegs on each swords that is very easy to do. My bad LOL .


No comments:

Post a Comment