Friday, January 20, 2017

Gunpla #31 - HGUC Zeta Plus A1 (Unicorn version) Review


I was thinking, while building HGUC Zeta Plus C1 (C1) last month, that it would be probably great to have its brother unit, the A1, posing together with it. That's why I decided to build the A1. 

Well, since ZPA1 is actually the normal release kit and it's basically the same unit with ZPC1, Nevertheless, It probably looks funny to review a limited kit before the normal release kit, thus I didn't expect anything special from it. Anyway, I finally realized more differences other than I mentioned on previous post about the ZPC1. I noticed the blue on the sides of the head and feet is darker than ZPC1. Other than that, the eyes and sensors on the head and shield have red color instead of blue of course. The weapon of ZPA1 is also a standard ReZEL beam rifle which is almost similar with HGUC Delta Plus, except for a special peg at the end of the rifle. I suppose, the main purpose of the peg is to connect the beam rifle on the top of waverider mode, as mentioned by many reviews out there. 

But tell the truth, compared to C1, the A1 looks much more menacing with those red eyes ... 


I don't have much time to write the review this time, but I notice that A1 has less articulation compared to the C1 due to its beam cannon design. While A1's beam cannons look cooler than C1, the front armor of the beam cannons greatly limiting the leg movement of the kit. If we move the legs forward, they will bring the beam cannon forward as well. Of course, there's trick to avoid it, but I still think its troublesome.

The A1 also comes with less transparent stickers, with only ZPlus and EFF marking available, compared to the C1, and unfortunately, there are no unit number markings which are usually provided for HGUC mass production kits. Therefore, I put the spared unit number sticker from C1 for this kit. On the other hand, accessories for this kit is basically the same with C1, with only trigger right hand for the extra hand and a pair of beam sabers.

Due to my preparation study for the exam, I haven't tried to transform this kit into waverider mode, hence I can't say anything about it now. But I think it should be awesome as C1 and Delta Plus. For now, I just put the three on my desk, in their mobile suit mode. Standing together, they look totally awesome!

Zeta Plus A1 (right) with Zeta Plus C1 (left)

With A1 and Delta Plus
I will make more detail review with more pictures soon. Anyway, I could say that, similar to ZPC1, this kit is pretty expensive for a HG. If you check the price, it's just 600 yen less then MG ZPA1. Of course, the HG version provides more stability since it's a partsformer. In the end, it will depend on you whether to buy this kit or not. If you like a smaller-solid-partsformer Zeta Plus kit than bigger-transformable one, than this kit is for you.  

---------

MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus A1 (Unicorn version)

Pros:
  • Amazing design, nice detail and cool color schemes
  • Solid kit with pretty good articulation
Cons:
  • Less marking sticker than ZPC1. No number marking.
  • Expensive HG compared to MG of the same kit.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment